Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your South Bend smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full control of your South Bend home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in South Bend do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded video streams from any integrated cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in South Bend by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to act. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in South Bend
Although multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote access, tap email or phone and provide the information to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new South Bend home security system. Call (574) 601-4641 to learn more.