Online ordering and daily shipments have become commonplace for numerous homeowners. You enjoy the ease of having packages dropped at your door, but there is a drawback. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to dissuade package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a moment to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely be a crucial part of your smart home.
Advantages of a South Bend video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, speak to people at your door, and get immediate notifications whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to see how a South Bend video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous benefits it can provide. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the complete picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage no matter the hour: What’s the purpose of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and challenging to see? Leading models will include exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can receive instant updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to ask what they want. You could even use this handy feature to deter people hanging around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will help you reduce false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the chance to see real-time and recorded video directly from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even allow you to talk with the person at your door. They’ve become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.